Complaints, Concerns & Compliments

One of the core values that guides our work across the Central West LHIN, is listening to feedback from residents.

Following the Provincial (pan-LHIN) Guiding Principles for Complaint Management, the LHIN's Complaints, Concerns & Compliments process provides residents with a means of registering a health care complaint or concern, and feedback on what is working well related to the care they receive. This process ensures follow-up, and helps to identify potential systemic issues. Committed to resolving or overseeing the resolution of complaints in a timely manner, a review process is in place to record and ensure that reported complaints are addressed. All reported complaints will be:

All reported complaints will:

  • received with courtesy and recorded accurately

  • acted upon promptly and fairly

  • confidential and protected.

How to Report a Concern, Complaint or Compliment

If you wish report a complaint, concern or compliment with the Central West LHIN, there are several ways of doing so including: 

  • by phone: 905.796-0040 or 1.888.733.1177
  • in person at 199 County Court Boulevard, Brampton, ON
  • by eMail at 
    When filing a complaint by email, please ensure you provide the following information: 
  • What is the name of the health care organization your concern involves?
  • What is your concern?
  • Who did you speak to at the health care organization? What did they say?
  • What would resolution of this complaint look like to you?
    Please also provide:
  • Your name
  • City/town
  • Phone number
  • The appropriate signed consent form:
 Home and Community Care   All Other Services and/or Organizations 
 Individual Consent  Individual Consent 
 Consent by Individual to Third Party   Consent by Individual to Third Party 
 Consent by Substitute Decision Maker   Consent by Substitute Decision Maker 

Protecting Your Privacy

If you have a concern that requires the Central West LHIN to collect your personal information and you would like the LHIN to follow up, the Central West LHIN and its staff may need to collect your personal information in accordance with the Local Health System Integration Act (LHSIA), 2006 and the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA). If we do need to collect your personal information, we will require your written consent.  Please click on one of the following consent forms above, depending on your need. 

If you have any questions about the collection and use of personal information or the consent form, please contact Tom Miller, Director, Communications at or 905.796.0040 (x2271). 

If you have concerns that relate to services provided or to be provided to someone else and not to you, please contact Tom Miller for further instructions. 

Additional Resources

  • Central West LHIN Complaint Policy | Please contact the LHIN at
  • Health Care Consent Act | The Health Care Consent Act (HCCA) is an Ontario law that has to do with the capacity to consent to treatment.
  • FOI Requests | Request Form under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) / Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA) - click here
  • Ontario's Patient Ombudsman | The Patient Ombudsman is responsible for investigating complaints related to Ontario’s hospitals, long-term care homes and community care access corporations (CCACs) - click here

Note: The Central West LHIN is not a health custodian under the Personal Health Information Protection Act, 2004.

* Return