The Central West LHIN encompasses all of Dufferin County, the northern portion of Peel Region, parts of north-western Toronto, and south-west York Region. It includes Bolton, Brampton, Caledon, Dufferin County, Malton, Orangeville, Rexdale, Shelburne and Woodbridge.
2. How many health service organizations have been assigned to the Central West LHIN?
Based on their organization’s address, 49 health service providers have been assigned to the Central West LHIN.
3. What was the founding principle for the Central West LHIN?
The Central West LHIN was founded on the principle that local health care is best planned and funded in a coordinated way locally, because local people best know their own health service needs and priorities.
4. Why has the government formed the Central West LHIN?
The Central West LHIN will listen and respond to both community members and health services providers, and with them will create a more efficient and accountable health care system that ensures people get access to the care they need.
5. What are the Mission, Vision and Values of the Central West LHIN?
The Mission, Vision and Values of the Central West LHIN can be found on the LHIN's Website.
6. On what principles will the Central West LHIN's local health care system be built?
The Central West LHIN's local health care system is built on the following five guiding principles ..
- Equitable access, based on patient/client need
- Preservation of patients’/clients’ choice
- People-centred, community-focused care that responds to local population health needs
- Measurable, results-driven outcomes based on strategic policy formulation, business planning, and information management.
- Shared accountability between providers, government, community and citizens
7. What is the estimated population of the Central West LHIN?
It is currently estimated that the Central West LHIN population exceeds 840,000.
8. Approximately what percentage of the Central West LHIN is visible minority?
Over half of the population in the Central West LHIN is visible minorities.